Appointment Request at Doc-Aid Urgent Care in Laredo, TX
Due to an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in our area, we have had to alter how we see our patients.
- COVID-19 testing is being done by appointment only.
- COVID-19 testing and video consultations are performed AT OUR FACILITY from your car.
- When you arrive you can request to have a face-to-face consult at your car.
To schedule an appointment select the BOOK ONLINE option below and follow these instructions.
Please read carefully:
- Check each provider and choose an appointment that fits your schedule. If there are no appointments available join the waitlist. If the option is not visible, then we are no longer adding names to the waitlist for that day.
- Select: Established or New Patient “Video Consult”
- Pay the $25 booking fee to reserve your appointment. The fee will be applied to any charges you incur. Fees collected for COVID-19 testing are refunded within 3-5 business days of your visit. There are no refunds for late arrivals or no-shows.
- You will receive an email with instructions and links to medical questionnaires. Submit them before your appointment.
UPLOAD AND SHARE your driver’s license and insurance card (front and back) to the documents section of your Patient Portal. Click “upload and share”, tap “To:” and select the Provider you are seeing. The provider will forward the information to the front office.
Laredo, Texas Appointments
Anywhere in Texas (except Laredo)
All patients scheduling a Video Consult will need the following:
- A mobile device with a strong internet connection
- An active email address
- Create a Patient Portal Account (instructions will be sent to your email address)
- Have Zoom app downloaded to the device (do not need to have an account just the app on your device)
- If you need any kind of lab work you will need to be present at our facility at the time of your appointment even if your consult is by video.
Non-covid in-person appointments will initially be scheduled as a Video Consult. Depending on your symptoms, the provider will decide if a video or in-office consult is needed.
We are still seeing patients for non-COVID-19 needs on a walk-in basis. However, the wait time for these appointments may be longer than usual.
Save your Patient Portal username and password as we can not retrieve this information for you. You will need to log in to your Patient Portal to see your results.
If you have questions about your results you can send a message to your provider through the Patient Portal.